Tuesday, September 20, 2011

87 degrees and Snowing!

I am watching the weather channel. I can't believe how fast the temperatures are going from massive heat waves to snow in some areas. I think the weather may be a little bipolar! My mind may be a little bipolar too! I am sitting here in shorts, but I am thinking about winter and snow. I was walking around the craft store last week, and noticed that they are already putting out their Christmas items; decorations, craft items, etc. I could not resist picking up a few items to play with. I came across the cutest little snowflakes, and it gave me an idea to create a necklace using them and some light blue swarovski crystals to create icicles. I am really pleased with the way it turned out.

I also made a couple of pairs of earrings using other small decorations that I purchased.




I think I will be heading back to the craft store this week to see what other fun decorations I can find to work with. When I had been in the craft store previously, they had only just started setting up their Christmas aisles. I am sure they are finished with set up at this point, and I will have a much wider selection to shop.

I love holidays! There is nothing I enjoy more than creating holiday themed jewelry. I can really let my imagination run wild and create some fun pieces.

No comments:

Post a Comment