Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Mission Complete

I mentioned in my last post that I had seen all the new colors for fall while walking through Macy's. I have created two new pieces to complement the new color palette. In the first piece, I decided to use the Aventurine that I had purchased in Julian to make a purple and red necklace. Since I only had 7 pieces of the Aventurine, I spaced them out so that they would lay in an equidistant pattern. I bracketed the Aventurine with red beads and lay some chain pieces between them to make the connections. Here is the finished design.

I really love how the red really brings out the purple color of the Aventurine. It is a striking combination!

For the next design, I decided that I would work with teal and black. I laid them out alternately, but realized that I needed something extra for a little variety for the eye. I decided to alternate silver plated spacers between the beads. I really like the way the necklace came out. It is bright yet conservative looking depending on what you would wear it with.

No comments:

Post a Comment