Saturday, September 3, 2011

September...Fall is coming soon!

I went to Julian today with some friends. We were supposed to go to a grape stomping festival, and we did get there, but it was a really lame festival...on top of that it was so hot I could feel my feet burning.  We decided to leave and head into the town of Julian to find someplace air conditioned to have some lunch. Unfortunately, the food was not exactly the best, but it was cooler than being outside. My friend did pick up some apple pies from the Julian bakery. Wow, these apple pies are amazingly good. Fresh picked apples in those pies. On the way home we stopped at a place where you could pick your own raspberries. Too hot for me in the sun, but my friend picked a quart. At this point we were all ready to head home, so we got in the car and started for home. We were getting close to home when we decided that we should stop for dinner. We had some kids with us and they wanted ice cream, so we found a place nearby called Farrell's. The restaurant was located in a mall in Mission Viejo, so we found the mall and parked the car. Of course, we parked at the complete other side of the mall from our goal. Sigh...always seems to happen that way. We parked near Macy's, so we walked through the store on the way into the mall and our goal.  Now you are probably wondering why I am telling you this story when I usually write about the jewelry I make. Well hold on! There is a point to this story! As I walked through Macy's I noticed that they had their fall items out...the color palette is so bold! Reds, Purples and Teals! Beautiful and vibrant colors! I am so excited, I want to start working on some pieces that will focus on these colors! Even better, I just picked up these lovely purple aventurine beads which will work perfectly in either a necklace or bracelet! Check back soon, I hope to have some beautiful new items to show you!

No comments:

Post a Comment