Wednesday, April 18, 2012

More Gothic Styles

I finished the piece that I had started in my last blog. I created a new series that I am calling my Wedding designs. So far I have two pieces in the collection and they are both Gothic/Victorian in style. I love the way they look and the looping and dangling design looks so intricate.
This is the first one I created, the one I started in the last blog. I think a bride would look so beautiful with this necklace. Many brides wear pearls for their wedding, I think this would stay within that theme but stand out more. I began by making the collar of the piece, weaving the pearls together to leave about an inch between the end of piece when placed around the neck. I added a small piece of chain to make the fit adjustable. I used eyepins to connect a series of pearls together to form the draping pieces and the same pearls plus an oval pearl to connect the dangling pieces. I really love this piece!

For my second piece I added blue crystals as accents. You know the saying...something borrowed, something blue....why not have the blue in the necklace.
It may be a little extravagant, but you only get married once! It would be an beautiful focal piece for a bride!
I am also planning on doing a black version for the non-traditional bride. Also black and red for a more gothic look. Maybe for a Halloween wedding! There will be more to come soon! :D

1 comment:

  1. That necklace is gorgeous! I received earrings to review and absolutely love them. They are a great site.
    Jewelers in Minnesota

    ReplyDelete