Monday, July 16, 2012

Blues and Greens of Summer

Summer is in full swing! The days are longer and warmer and it is time to show off those pretty summer dresses. I always like lighter colors for the summer. First they are cooler and second they just look more summery. I really love light blues and greens for summer, and I feel drawn to using those colors for my summery designs. The blues remind me of a bright blue summer sky and the blues of the tropical ocean, and the greens are for the leaves and the grass. We tend to spend a lot of our time outside during the summer with barbeques and picnics and days at the beach and these are the colors that seem to represent all the summer fun.
I found some really cute teardrop shaped blue beads and paired them with some light green round beads to create a necklace and earring set that really means summer to me.

The design seems light and effortless, the perfect representation of summer to me. I could totally see wearing these with a cute summer dress.
I also found these really pretty square green beads that I wanted to use. I decided to go for one color for the necklace. I used the square beads and paired them with two shades of green round beads. I called it my Shades of Green necklace, a play off the books Shades of Gray...

No comments:

Post a Comment