Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Vampires

I know it is the beginning of summer and no where near Halloween, but I have been working on some Vampire themed pieces. You can't argue with inspiration, and you sure can't ignore it! I tried telling myself that it was too early to be working on Vampire jewelry, but that is what kept coming to mind. It's hard to get new inspiration when your mind is full of Vampires! I gave in and decided I just needed to follow the inspiration through.
I had some really cute charms that I wanted to work with, little vampire teeth and some cute little bats. Of course I needed to use red and black as the theme colors. I started with a pair of earrings using the vampire teeth. I added red crystals hanging from the vampire teeth to represent a drop of blood. I thought these were really fun! I called them Vampire Blood earrings.
Next was a vampire necklace named Kiss of the Vampire necklace. I used black chain and added black oval beads and red crystals. The Tibetan silver vampire teeth with the blood drop is the focal component of the necklace.
My third piece is the Children of the Night bracelet. I made it into a charm bracelet using Tibetan silver bats and vampire teeth as the charms and red and black czech glass beads to give it some color. I am glad I did follow the inspiration through to the creation of these pieces. It was a lot of fun and I still plan to make some more vampire pieces as inspiration strikes.....

No comments:

Post a Comment