Sunday, September 9, 2012

Summer is Over!

It sure has been a busy summer. I have been doing some work for the Crawfish, Barbeque and Lobster festivals as well as doing research for the company I am working for. That does not mean that I have not been working on new jewelry pieces, I have only fallen behind on this blog.
To catch up on the summer, I have created quite a few fun pieces for summer.
This is a cute bracelet, I call it Cotton Candy Dream. The pretty pinks remind me of summer at the fair.
This is called Golden Summer Sunshine Earrings. I had bought a pack of beads because I needed a specific bead from the pack and did not have time to order it separately, once I saw the yellow beads they called out to be the focal pieces for earrings. They definitely scream summer to me.
I also started another theme collection that I call my Weather Collection. I have always been interested in the weather and I watch the weather channel all the time. It seemed natural to start a collection based on weather themes.
This first piece in my collection is the Ultramarine Cyclone bracelet. The memory wire makes it seem like a cyclone.


This is the Thunder and Lightning Necklace. The shade of the blue reminds me of storm clouds and the silver accents bring to mind lightning.

This is the Tropical Storm Necklace. The colors remind me of the ocean as it gets all riled up during a storm surge. The iridescence of the beads bring to mind the wind in the waves.
I plan on continuing this series as the inspiration strikes, but the weather is getting cooler and I am in the mood for fall. I have started working on some fall and Halloween items which I will feature next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment