Sunday, August 7, 2011

Chain Maille Complete!

The bracelet is finished! I am really happy with it!! I am amazed at how easily it came together. I would usually put something like this in my shop right away, but I love it so much that I will keep this one for me! 




Now that I know that I can do this kind of weave without any problems, I will surely be incorporating it into my jewelry. Fun!  I really look forward to trying this in many different ways. I did also play around with those chain maille earrings, and was able to fix the problems I was having by changing them up a little.



Here is the before earring and the earrings after I made some changes. I still need to shorten the crystal a little in that right earring, but this design seems to work a little better than the other. I have ordered some new rings and am waiting impatiently for them to arrive so I can play! :D  The problem with chain maille is that you need the rings to be specific sizes relative to each other for the design to work. I have a design pattern that is so pretty, but I don't have the correct ring sizes for it to hold together tightly enough to create the pattern I need. I have ordered some different size rings and hope to be able to create the pattern with them. Size is everything!

No comments:

Post a Comment