Thursday, June 21, 2012

Summer is Here!

This year is flying by! I can't believe it is Summer already! I have been working on some summery jewelry that make a great statement of fun! I love using a mix of lighter colors with a pop of a darker color for contrast. This year seems to be the year of dangling beads for me. Every time I start thinking of a necklace, that is the style that seems to pop into my head! I have done this style in a variety of summery colors, so there is something for everyone! I hate it when I fall in love with the style of a piece and I don't really like the color. I did not want this to happen, so I have a variety of colors to choose from.


Of course, I did make other pieces too. Not everyone likes the same style and I had other visions dancing through my head. Summer should be fun and have lots of variety. Of course when we think of summer, we think of the beach. I had some pretty shell pieces that I had been saving to make something summery and beachy. The first necklace was a coral color, it has a large focal point of a rounded triangle shell with a flower etched on it. I dangled little round coral shell pieces up each side of the necklace for piece that has movement. 
I also wanted to use some pretty purple shell pieces, but I didn't really have a focal piece for the necklace. I decided to do a simple eternity necklace with the shell pieces broken up by aqua and purple glass beads for a little variety. I really like it, and think those colors really work well together.
Summer always seems to call out for vibrant shades and jewelry that really makes an impact. We wear less clothing, so this is the time of year to really show off that tan. What draws the eye better than a one of a kind piece of jewelry that will make your friends jealous. Go out and enjoy the summer sun! Be careful though and wear sunscreen! ☺

No comments:

Post a Comment