Friday, July 15, 2011

Christmas in July?

Started thinking about Christmas today. It's only July, but in crafting it is more than time to start making those holiday pieces. I was wandering in the craft store, (my favorite place to be!) when I noticed that they are beginning to set up those holiday displays. I saw some jingle bells and immediately thought about how cute they would be as a bracelet.

I began with a simple chain measured out to an average wrist size. Using red and green jump rings, I fastened my jingle bells around the bracelet at equal distances.  As I looked at my bracelet I decided that it needed a little more embellishment, so I added small red resin beads that gave the appearance of holly beads.

As I was constructing this bracelet, other ideas began to pour in...love it when the creative juices are flowing.
I had the idea to make a European weave chainmaille bracelet using Christmas colors. I began with a silver tone slide clasp and 7mm silver toned rings. I wove red and green aluminum jump rings interlocking with the silver rings to make a very pretty new piece.

No comments:

Post a Comment