Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Still Thinking About Christmas

I was still continuing with my Christmas theme this week...Christmas is my favorite time of year. I am always counting the minutes until I can decorate my house. Working on Christmas jewelry gives me a taste of Christmas even though it is still far away.

I had purchased a Thing-a-ma-Jig earlier this year, but have not had time to experiment with it. As I was looking at some patterns on various websites, I came across the cutest Christmas Tree earrings using wire. The pattern was free and designed by Natalie Trinh. I made the tree according to her design, but added small jingle bells at the bottom.

I love the jingle bells, and decided that I would also make some Jingle Bell earrings. I attached jingle bells to earwires using some eyehooks. The jingle bells are varying heights to make them interesting.

Of course what Christmas project is complete without some pretty green and red beads. I made a set of beads out of polymer clay. I will probably be making them into a bracelet eventually.


Once I was finished with these fun Christmas projects I decided I needed to make something for Halloween too. I have a cat push mold, so made a black cat and added some embellishments to him, green eyes, pink nose and a cute orange bow. He came out ok for a first attempt, but I will make sure to cool the clay before removing him from the mold next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment