Thursday, August 4, 2011

Chain Maille

I started thinking about working in chain maille again today. I first started working in chain maille about a year ago. I had tried to do something a little more complicated than just a basic weave, but I had not developed the skills to really do it well. I guess working with all sorts of other techniques this year from beading to working with    wire have really improved my skills. I brought out my chain maille supplies yesterday and at first attempted something easy. I made an earring design that I had seen in Classic Chain Mail Jewelry by Sue Ripsch. It is a cute design, but the earring keeps flipping around so that it doesn't sit the way it is supposed to.  I need to see if I can play around with it so that the rings stay in the right formation.

After I finished the earrings I decided to try to make a bracelet that I had attempted a long time ago.  It also comes from the same book. I was a little apprehensive about trying the design again, but I really liked it a lot, so decided to give it a shot. Amazingly the bracelet is coming together so smoothly! I am so excited!  I am half way finished with it now, and should finish it some time today. I will post a pic of it once I have it finished...

No comments:

Post a Comment