Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Waiting...

I think they worst part about wanting to try a new idea when you don't have the supplies you need is the waiting....  I am waiting right now for some new jump rings to arrive. My hands are itching to try the new design I have found, but I don't have the correct ring sizes.  I find it hard to even start another design when I have something particular in mind. Nothing looks right or seems to be coming out right. I guess I will just have to wait and hope FedEx brings them today!!

Let me try to describe the piece I want to make. It is chain maille, it looks like metal lace in a wavy pattern. Kind of like a metal lace snake. I hope the rings I ordered work with this design, or I will have to scrap it.

I have to start thinking more about fall designs too. August is almost half way over, kids are going back to school and the fall items are out in the stores. I have some really pretty focal pieces to make some lovely necklace designs. I also have some beautiful fall color beads, greens and oranges, browns and burgundy. Such wonderful fall colors, I need to decide how best to incorporate them into my designs.
Of course Halloween is coming too, so I want to make some more fun designs using polymer clay. I love the fall, it is my favorite season. I grew up in New York, but live in California now. That is the one thing I really miss, the changing colors of fall. That's why I am so excited about making some new designs for fall. It will be my little piece of fall right here!

No comments:

Post a Comment